Saturday, November 22, 2014

Special Needs Showcase in Orlando - 11/23/14

One of the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life was the Special Needs dance programs in Orlando.  I had the opportunity to dance in two sessions with Emily.  She and the other students/dancer taught me more about dancing and life than I could get anywhere.  A simple Box step brings joy to these beautiful people.  It reminded me that it is the simple things in life is what should bring us joy.  Also, they are so grateful for everything you give them.  I guess that is the definition of love.  The lady that I had the opportunity was so adorable.  Her mom and grandma came to watch her dance.  They were all smiles.  It was so heartwarming to receive a card from her the day of showcase.

Tomorrow I am driving to Orlando to watch this year's showcase to put a smile on my face...and see what else I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment